Cornerstone Group Australasia Pty Ltd is committed to providing you with the highest level of service. This includes protecting your privacy. From 21 December 2001, we have been bound by new sections of the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1998, setting out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information. Following is the information that the Privacy Act requires us to communicate to all of our clients. We recommend you keep a copy of this information. Cornerstone Group Australasia Pty Ltd Cornerstone is one of the largest and most experienced bookkeeping businesses in Australia, servicing clients in every mainland capital city and in many regional centres. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION Personal information held by Cornerstone may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone numbers, email address, employer, and occupation. We also hold details of any services provided to you by Cornerstone. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the services you or your organisation requires, or the level of service on which we pride ourselves. HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION Cornerstone collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you when you provide information by phone or in documents such as a survey form;
- from third parties such as our related firms and associations;
- from publicly available sources of information;
- from the organisations identified below under “When we disclose you personal information”;
- from our own records of how you use Cornerstone’s bookkeeping services; and
- when required to do so by Federal or State legislation.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION Your personal information may be used in order to:
- provide the services you require;
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the services provided could be improved;
- research and develop our services; and
- gain an understanding of your information and financial needs in order for us to provide you with a better service.
- Your personal information is also used to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to contact you regarding other services please call the privacy officer in your local office and advise accordingly.
WHEN WE DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION For the purposes set out above, we may disclose your personal information to organisations outside Cornerstone. The organisations to which we may disclose information include:
- outsourced providers associated to the services we provide to you, including;
- mailing services,
- billing and debt-recovery functions,
- information technology services, and
- marketing services;
- your representatives (eg. authorised representatives, financial or legal advisors);
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law; and
- our related firms.
HELP US TO HOLD ACCURATE INFORMATION Cornerstone takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use, and disclose is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in personal information, and
- keep us up-to-date with changes to personal information such as your name and address.
YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. For security reasons, you may be required to put your request in writing. Cornerstone reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information. HOW TO CONTACT US If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact the privacy officer in your local Cornerstone office or email firstname.lastname@example.org